Sunday 19 May 2013

Trekking all the way!

"Space. The final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise."
Every single time those words ring in my ear, it sends a chill down my spine.
STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS. What. a. movie.
From the time the trailer came out, I was excited beyond my wits to watch it. The thing about these sequels is that, the more you get excited, and the more your expectations become. And it is only fitting to say that every single minute of Into Darkness exceeded them.

Why Star Trek Into Darkness is the best film this summer.
Firstly, the CG was brilliant, and unlike any other film. It had all the action and the blowing up and the usual phasers and ships, all that is a part of the star trek franchise, but for some reason, everything just looked so spectacular, and the level of clarity that they have achieved in incorporating every single firing and move is remarkable.
Secondly, the actors outdid themselves compared to the Star Trek movie of 2009. For a moment there, I felt that Zachary Quinto was a better Spock than Leonard Nimoy himself but let's face it. No one beats Nimoy. However it was a bit disappointing that Spock never mentions the line "Live long and prosper" and that Mr.Nimoy had screen time of less than 10 seconds.
Benedict Cumberbatch looked truly formidable and was perfect for the role of Khan except for the fact that his skin color was a bit lighter than our impression of Khan from the Original Series. But come on, he was brilliant.
I don't know if it's just me, but Simon Pegg always seems to be the technician and engineer recounting his roles from Mission Impossible and Star Trek. Seeing Scotty have a kick at all the action was surprising and Mr.Pegg's comic way of presenting it was awesome.
I thought that all the actors did a great job. Afterall, they aren't part of the Star Trek franchise for nothing.
The one thing that I loved about this film is that, all the three leads, Kirk, Spock and Khan brought out their soft side and they actually CRIED. And especially for Spock, it took the audience by utter surprise.
The most notable thing about this film is that it isn't just for the fans of Star Trek. Anyone who has absolutely no idea about Star Trek will be able to appreciate it and that is something very hard to bring about in the movie of a series that has a history of over 50 years.
It's fast, it's gripping, not predictable and I believe, will turn out to be one of the best movies of all time and I won't be surprised if it gets on IMDB's Top 250 sooner or later.
Such a genius this J.J.Abrams is. Word has it that he will be directing the next Star Wars movie and I can't wait for it already!
Overall, in my opinion, this is the one of the best movies of the entire series and every Trekkie as well as non-Trekkie is in for a treat.
Sorry for the spoilers btw.
Live long and prosper. _\\//


Rating:4.5/5


12 comments:

  1. Not that I follow these sci-fi movies, but the review has been nicely written.

    Please keep me posted of these crazy movies and which company is producing well ahead of time so that I can invest in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent review. You are making me wanting to go see the movie.

    Can I republish this in my now defunct movies blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      No problem. You may do so :)

      Delete
  3. It already is :) its #158 in the IMDB top 250 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review as usual :D Good to know there are still Star Trek fans around here! I've been a huge fan of the Star Trek movies since the Original Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan, but didn't make it in time to see this movie in theatres :/ Anyways the review was top notch and this just made me go the extra step to try and get the film :) Can I use this in my blog? I will mention your name :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, another Star Trek fan! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it! Sure thing. You may go ahead and do as you like :) thanks again :D :D

      Delete
  5. Haha yeah! Nobody ever watches it around here. Anyways, thank you for letting me use the post, you'll be able to view it my blog, and I've published it though Indivine as well - http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=249029 :) Please do keep publishing more reviews and let me know. I could even mention it in my podcast, so just let me know :) \V/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I viewed your blog as well.It's really nice! :D
      Many thanks ^_^
      May all Star trek fans live long and prosper. _\\//

      Delete
  6. :) Nah, my blog is rubbish really, I have a LOT to improve over there but haven't got the time. Focussing more on my podcasts for now so haven't really been in the blogging scene for quite a while. But I will be. I love the improvements you've made to your blog, and you've earned yourself another follower :D Have you been to any of the blogger meets yet or are you pretty new?
    Live Long and Prosper \V/

    ReplyDelete