Thursday 23 May 2013

It's a Silver Lining afterall.

I was browsing through my Facebook news feed and I just happened to stumble upon a post about Silver Linings Playbook and I realized I've been putting it off for too long. I know this is late, but what the hell?

It's definitely a movie which leaves you with mixed thoughts and emotions but I should say it was something refreshing as opposed to the cliched love stories that flood the box offices every other month.


Jennifer Lawrence was spectacular. At first, I was a bit hesitant to watch the movie itself, given that   I wasn't that impressed by Hunger Games. But I completely understand why she got that Oscar and for crying out loud, she's 22! She actually got really lucky. Been nominated twice, won the second time. [ I would love to hear what Meryl Streep has to say. ;) ]


Really simple story-line, not extraordinary cinematography or anything, quite crude actually, but that's how I believe it was meant to be and I must admit, it was great. Dialogue delivery was brilliant and absolutely easy to follow. And for the record, I could hear what they were saying.



Such a clever way to bring out what people with bipolar disorders and people under medication for the mind go through and to weave it into some love story must have been quite the task. Well written, something that humans can relate to and on the whole, it leaves us, at least me with a lasting impression.

One could argue that it does seem like other love stories for the simple reason that they get together at the end of the day and everyone's happy but we all are suckers for happy endings aren't we?

And to think that things do turn out fine for two people who are pretty much crazy is kind of reassuring that there is a Silver Lining after all.
Great stuff. Definitely one to watch again.
And hoorah for Indian people!





Rating:4/5




4 comments:

  1. Great review, I totally enjoyed the movie as well. And Jen Lawrence was spectacular in this. I recommend the book it was based on. It is quite refreshing and different. Unless, you are just a movie person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I shall now read the book. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice review :) its very honest :) btw i love the way this does not have any snide comment on chris tucker or de niro :)

    ReplyDelete